What is a Cement Foaming Agent?
Concrete/cement foaming agent indicates an admixture that will reduce the area stress of liquid and generate a considerable quantity of uniform and secure foam, which is utilized to produce foam concrete.
The foaming agent is actually a substance that will make its aqueous solution create a massive amount of foam when mechanical force is introduced directly into the air. This type of material is actually a surfactant or surface-active material. The essence of a Cement foaming agent is its surface-active effect. Without surface activity, foaming cannot occur, plus it cannot be a foaming agent. Surface activity is the core of foaming.
The purpose of cement foaming agent
The primary purpose of a cement foaming agent is always to promote the foaming of cement paste to make lightweight concrete. Cement foaming agents can produce bubbles through chemical reactions, causing the cement slurry to have a large number of pores during the construction process, thereby lowering the density of concrete and which makes it lightweight, with thermal insulation, heat insulation, sound absorption, as well as other excellent properties.
Cement foaming agents could also increase the mechanical properties of concrete, enhance its compressive strength and tensile strength, and improve its durability and frost resistance. In addition, cement foaming agents could also increase the fluidity and plasticity of concrete, making it easier to create and shape.
12 features and benefits of foaming agent
- It offers compressive strength and anti-aging properties: Although traditional chemical insulation materials can achieve thermal insulation effects, their compressive strength and anti-aging properties have not been capable of meeting the needs. Lightweight foamed cement can totally solve this issue. , a alternative to traditional insulation materials
- It is actually lightweight: its density can reach 200-1600kg/m3, which effectively cuts down on the load from the building.
- Good high-temperature resistance: The applicable temperature of foamed cement can reach above 250-300C, as the benzene board will soften and undergo chemical reactions above 75C.
- Improve the stability and life from the insulation layer: The foamed cement thermal layer includes a high amount of stability and anti-aging properties, effectively ensuring that the indoor floor is flat and never cracked. Its lifespan is 5.10 times those of the benzene board. It consists of perlite particles. A lot more than 5 times
- Great thermal insulation: The thermal conductivity is .08w/mk, which is 20-30 times those of ordinary cement.
- It offers good compressive strength: when the density is 350kg/m3, the compressive strength is 6kg/cm2 in 7 days and 9kg/cm2 in 28 days.
- Good moisture resistance: You will see no condensation round the warm water pipes during heating, and you will have no splitting between the layers.
- Good bonding: The material found in foamed cement is cement, that has an exceptional bond with all the upper and lower layers and will not cause hollowing or collapse from the ground.
- Fast construction speed: each shift can construct 3000-4000 square meters, saving the construction period
- Good integrity: One-time pouring has no gaps and interruptions and may be combined entirely with all the cast-in-place floor slab and mortar layer to create a whole.
- It offers an anti-permeability effect: Because of the porous and integral nature of foamed cement, the anti-permeability is a lot more than six times stronger than that of ordinary floor slabs.
- Fireproof: Foamed cement is definitely an inorganic material (cement) that does not burn and for that reason has good fire resistance. When used on buildings, it can increase the fireproof performance from the building.
What are the types of cement foaming agents?
Plant-based cement foaming agent
It utilizes imported high-grade natural plant polymer products as basic materials and it is generated via a selection of complicated chain reactions. The product is actually a pure and clear oily liquid with a light yellow color. It is far from responsive to difficult water, non-toxic, odor-free, and sediment-free. The PH worth is near to neutral, non-corrosive to cement and steel, and does not contaminate the setting. The frothing representative is storage-resistant, hard to degrade, has exceptional frothing performance, rich foam, and modest foam stability. Utilizing this frothing agent to help make foamed cement provides the attributes of reduced usage, affordability, stability, and high quality. Each barrel of frothing agent (200kg) can generate 500 m2 of foamed cement, so it will be commonly utilized in floor home heating jobs. In roofing insulation projects, building prices could be considerably minimized.
Animal-based cement foaming agent
It uses selected animal (cow, sheep) keratin as the primary raw material and it is made through a number of hydrolysis reactions, heating and dissolving, dilution, filtration, and high-temperature shrinkage. It is actually produced using imported advanced equipment as well as the latest manufacturing technology. Strict quality management is implemented during the production process. The product is actually a deep brown viscous liquid with low impurity content, light irritating odor, uniform quality, sound quality consistency, outstanding foaming, and excellent foam stability; it is a new generation of animal-based cement foaming agents. Because of the high surface strength from the foam made by this foaming agent, the foam is very stable. The bubbles from the foamed cement made out of it have been in a closed state independent of every other, and there is no link between the bubbles. The permeability resistance from the foamed cement products is very high. At the same density, compared with foamed cement made out of plant-based foaming agents, it offers better sealing as well as heat preservation properties and higher strength.
The uses of cement foaming agent
- Construction industry
Cement foaming agents are commonly used within the construction area and they are mainly used to produce lightweight concrete, thermal insulation materials, thermal insulation materials, sound-absorbing materials, etc. Lightweight wet-condensation materials have the benefits of lightweight thermal insulation, sound absorption, etc. They are commonly used in building walls, floors, roofs, partitions, as well as other components. Thermal insulation materials can be used building insulation, heat insulation, fire protection, etc. Sound-absorbing materials can be used building sound insulation and noise reduction.
- Road industry
Cement foaming agents are also found in the broad area and they are mainly used to produce lightweight pavement materials, sound insulation materials, waterproof materials, etc. Lightweight pavement materials have the benefits of light, wear resistance, and anti-aging and may reduce road noise and vibration. Sound insulation materials can be used road sound insulation, noise reduction, etc. Waterproof materials can be used road waterproofing and anti-seepage.
- Bridge industry
Cement foaming agents are also found in the bridge area, mainly used to produce lightweight bridge decks, sound insulation materials, waterproof materials, etc. Lightweight bridge deck has the benefits of being lightweight, high strength, and good durability, which could detect the weight from the bridge and extend the service life from the bridge. Sound insulation and waterproof materials can be used bridge sound insulation, waterproofing, etc.
Top Quality Foaming Agent Supplier
Trunnano Info Technology Co., Ltd is actually a supplier of concrete additives, which can be concrete foaming agent and relative products with over 12 years expertise in nano-building energy conservation and nanotechnology development. It accepts payment via Charge Card, T/T, West Union and Paypal. Trunnano will ship the goods to customers overseas through FedEx, DHL, by air, or by sea. If you are searching for high quality concrete Additives, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. ([email protected])